Cannabis sativa is a plant that produces a drug known as cannabis. The drug is used mainly for medicinal as well as recreational use Shiva Buzz Dispensary . The plant is also known as marijuana. The psychoactive element in cannabis is known as THC or Tetra hydro Cannabinoid. Though still illegal in many countries it has been legalized in some countries such as Canada and United States of America. The main methods of consumption include smoking, blending with edibles or vaporizing. The award winning strains in 2019 were mainly selected because they are dense, that is with a lot of foliage, colorful, and fragrant. This means an attractive scent. Of course profitability has also been considered. Some of the award winning strains include;
- Godfather og- this strain has been recognized as the words strongest marijuana strain.
- Chemdawg- this strain is recognized as the scented strain. This means it has a sharp sensation.
- Irish cream- a product of selective breeding to bring out the best.
- White Tahoe Cookies. This is a relatively new and more superior strain
- Strawberry banana- this is a cross crop between banana Kush and strawberry Blue gum.
Plants in the cannabis family include;
- Sativa. Sativa have high level of cannabinoid. When consumed it has a mild hallucinogenic feeling and a sense of uplifting and energy boost. For this reason it is best used during daytime. Sativa is also known as effective in fighting depression as well as increase a user’s sharpness, focus as well as creativity. It also promotes a feeling of well- being in users and helps put them at ease.
- Indica. This species bring about calmness and relaxation. For this reason it is best used at night as it promotes sleep. It is very effective as a pain killer. It also helps relieve muscle soreness and migraine headaches. Indica is known to relieve insomnia, including lack of sleep and stress. It is also effective against nausea, anxiety and seizures. Indica has been used to calm muscle spasms. It is also very useful in fighting multiple sclerosis and Parkinson disease. Indica has been very successful in the fight against cancer, HIV AIDS and glaucoma.
- Hybrid strain. These strains are generally a mixed breed between cannabis sativa and indica. The strains can either be indica or sativa dominant, or in some cases both strains are equal. These hybrid strains enable users to enjoy the benefits of both sativa and indica strains. Such benefits include relief against pain of indica as well as wakefulness found in sativa.
Award winning strong strains- These were recognized because they are loaded with tetra hydro cannabinoids (THC)
- Strawberry banana-of Indica lineage and produces a euphoric feeling
- Purple Kush-contains up to 27% tetra hydro cannabinoids
- Death star-which is mainly Indica dominant
- Ice Wreck- this is technically a hybrid
- G 13- this has been taunted as one of the most mythical indicas in the market
- Kosher Kush-It has been bred by DNA genetics. It is mainly found in California and of unknown Indica heritage
- Mk Ultra- Named after a mind control program operated by the Central Intelligence Agency of America
- Critical Kush- A cross breed between critical mass and OG Kush
- Gods gif-t it has 22% tetra hydro cannabinoids
- Sunset sherbet – an Indica dominant hybrid.