Cannabis is a drug derived from plants which include hemp. It has been used for hemp fiber, seeds, and oils, as vegetables, juice, and medicine and also as a recreational drug. Cannabis can be smoked or ingested through the mouth. Cannabis can found in different forms e.g. tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), many more used for different purposes. Cannabis is also known as marijuana. In some states, it is allowed whereas in some it is disallowed.
Advantages of cannabis to its users
- It contains a chemical that impacts the brain making function better.
- Medical cannabis is useful in relieving chronic pain.
- Cannabis does increase the lungs’ capacity.
- It helps reduce body weight by regulating insulin and managing calorie intake efficiency.
- The drug also helps in regulating and preventing diabetes. This is made possible by lowering blood pressure, improving blood circulation, and stabilizing blood sugars.
- It helps fight cancer such as breast cancer.
- It is also used in treating depression by stabilizing ones’ moods.
- For individuals with autism condition, it helps them control their mood.
- It helps control seizures for individuals suffering from epilepsy.
- It strengthens bones during the healing process and makes it tougher for them to break in the future.
- Provides temporary relief to individuals suffering from glaucoma by reducing the pressure exerted on the eyeball.
- It helps alleviate anxiety and calm users down when taken in monitored dosage.
- Slows down the development of Alzheimer’s disease by fighting brain inflammation.
- When in its cream and balm form, it can be used by individuals suffering from arthritis to help them deal with the pain.
- Also helps fight alcoholism
Consequences of cannabis abuse by its users
- Prenatal exposure to marijuana leads to health problems in children. These include; low birth weight, impaired impulse control, and anemia.
- Its consumption in large quantities may lead to serious heart problems.
- Frequent cannabis consumption affects one’s short term memory.
- Smoked marijuana has got cancer-causing components which may lead to cancer development such as lung cancer hence damaged lungs.
- It also leads to high accident rates and works place accidents when consumed in large quantities.
- It may also impair one’s cognitive ability.
- It damages the human immune system making one vulnerable to diseases.
- Regular use of cannabis causes mental health. Its’ users are more likely to have suicidal thoughts and also experience depression.
Is there treatment against cannabis consumption?
There are various techniques that have been put in place to help curb cannabis effects on its users. These are;
- Psychotherapeutic treatments – it is a combination of cognitive-behavioral therapy which enhances self-control and addresses a range of other problems, motivational enhancement therapy that mobilizes an individual’s internal resources for change and treatment engagement, and contingency management focusing on positive rewards when the target behavior occurs. These behavioral treatments have shown a positive impact.
- Pharmacologic treatments- it focuses on symptoms resulting from the use of cannabis, abstinence of its consumption, preventing relapse occurrences, and other psychiatric disorders.
Symptoms of cannabis withdrawal
- appetite changes
- disrupted sleep
Cannabis cons surpass its pros. It is therefore evident that it is a drug that should be avoided. Teenagers and other cannabis users should also be educated on the repercussions of using cannabis, its side effects and dangers and the pain encountered to recover from its addiction. Different states should also prohibit the drug to keep their citizens safe.
Cannabis online :- https://getkush.io/